World Week for Animals in Labs Begins - Covance Under Fire!

  • Kari Nienstedt
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2006
      ACTIVIST ALERT! ~ PLEASE POST FAR & WIDE

      What: Rally: World Week for Animals in Laboratories ~ "Covance
      Under Fire!"

      Where: Dr. AJ Chandler Park ~ 3 S. Arizona Ave. across from San
      Marcos Resort

      When: Sunday, April 23
      3pm activists (4pm media) – 5pm

      Who: Citizens Against Covance,
      an all-volunteer, grass-roots organization

      WWAIL begins – Covance focus of Chandler event!

      As WWAIL kicks off, the Covance controversy compels Chandler's first
      time participation in this global remembrance of animals killed and
      suffering in institutions. Citizens Against Covance will address
      Covance's many offenses, including the recent decision and fine
      handed down by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
      for violations of the federal Animal Welfare Act (AWA).

      This will be a rally with speakers and visuals. We will give an
      update on the latest Covance news and our plans to stop them from
      coming to Chandler. Stephanie Nichols-Young, President of Animal
      Defense League of Arizona (ADLA), former Board member of Animal
      Legal Defense Fund (ALDF) is scheduled to address the attendees.
      Signs and flyers will be provided.

      [Should you be approached by media, please direct them to the
      designated spokespersons. If they really press you for a statement,
      our message is concise and consistent: "Covance has been cited and
      fined for multiple violations of federal law and we do not want such
      companies in our community."]

      We invite concerned individuals everywhere to help us turn up the
      heat and stop Covance!

      http://www.stopcovance.com
      http://www.pcrm.org - "Protect Chandler"
      http://www.CovanceCruelty.com