New opportunity for local activism!

  • Kari Nienstedt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 12:50 PM
      There's a new way to make your voice heard on behalf of animals!
      AZVegan Voices will take action for animals by focusing on letter
      writing. Letters to the editor on timely topics, letters to elected
      officials on current legislation, letters to businesses asking for
      veg options or animal-friendly products...every letter written is a
      voice for the animals. Many legislators believe that your one
      letter represents the views of at least 100 other voters who did not
      take the time to express their opinion. (Though the focus will be
      on letter writing, AZVegan Voices may occasionally take on other
      projects.)

      We will meet once a month and spend about an hour and a half writing
      letters and should be able to generate about 5 - 10 letters per
      person each meeting. I will provide topics, contact info, and
      stationary. Please bring stamps for your letters.

      AZVegan Voices will meet at 7:00pm on the last Tuesday of the
      month. The first meeting will take place on May 31st at the Century
      Branch Phoenix Public Library. Century Branch is located just east
      of State Route 51 on Highland Avenue. We will be in the meeting
      room.

      Please RSVP so I can plan accordingly. Location may change for
      future meetings to accommodate those living in different parts of
      the valley.

      Contact azvegan@... with questions/comments or to RSVP.

      Thank you for all of your efforts on behalf of the animals!