Vegan Voices- This Saturday 10/3- Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2009
      In light of PETA's recent exposure of the cruel lab experiments at Arizona State University, we will be writing letters to ASU's Executive Vice President and Provost, Dr. Elizabeth Capaldi, politely asking her to end the animal experiments and implement some of the humane, non-animal teaching methods that are available and being used in physiology courses at other universities.

      Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost of the University
      Arizona State University
      P.O. Box 877805
      Tempe, AZ 85287-7805

      We will also be writing letters to Barney's Boat House in Tempe. They were profiled in a Phoenix New Times Article in July as having a "Lobster Claw" game in their bar/restaurant. Macayo's Mexican Kitchen and Boston's Gourmet Pizza also had the cruel devices, but have since removed them (yeay!).

      Please write letters to Barney's Boathouse Bar & Grill asking them to remove the machines immediately and replace them with the many hundreds of machines available that do not cause harm to animals.

      Barney's Boathouse Bar & Grill
      216 E. University Dr.
      Tempe, AZ
      480-967-7744

      Sample letter from PETA to another restaurant in Colorado-
      http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=11580

      Hope to see you Saturday!
      Green Vegetarian Restaurant
      11:30am-1pm