AZVegan Updates and Announcements

  • azvegan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2009
      Hope everyone is having a great summer! We have many exciting announcements below including updates on the Farm Sanctuary Party and Walk for Farm Animals, our local Farm Sanctuary Outstanding Animal Friend, new Animal Advocacy Class, and more!!

      Farm Sanctuary Fundraiser Party- Friday, October 9th
      Preparations for this year's fundraiser party are well underway as we get closer to our premiere event of the year! We are expecting the tickets to sell out again this year, so purchase yours today at- http://www.firstgiving.com/azfarmparty

      Silent Auction Donations- We are currently looking for Silent Auction donation items. If you are interested in donating, please email azvegan@... and we will be happy to assist with any questions regarding donation items and make pickup arrangements.

      Also, don't forget to sign up for the Walk for Farm Animals and begin collecting pledges at-
      http://www.walkforfarmanimals.org/locations/phoenix.htm

      Local Vegan Restaurant Tops PETA's list-
      Tempe's Green New American Vegetarian's Secret BBQ Chicken Sandwich beat out competitors nationwide to win first place in PETA's national Best-Faux Chicken Sandwich contest. Congratulations to Green and if you haven't been to Green and/or tried the sandwich, we highly recommend a visit soon! (Or you can join us at the Farm Sanctuary party for Green's outstanding entrees!) Check out the article in the Arizona Republic at-
      http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/dining/articles/2009/08/18/20090818peta.html

      Local 3rd grader, Nicholas, is Farm Sanctuary's Outstanding Animal Friend! Congratulations to Nicholas and thanks for all you do for animals. Read more about what Nicholas does for animals and how you can get involved at-
      http://farmsanctuarykidzclub.com/Learn/OutstandingFriends_nicholas.html

      Advocate for Animals Class Being Offered At Paradise Valley College

      "How to Get Involved in Animal Advocacy" is now being offered through Maricopa Community Colleges. Topics will include: Companion Animals, Animal Welfare and Rescue, Upcoming Legislation, Social Programs, Government Agencies, Career Paths, Education Opportunities and Outreach.

      Turn your compassion into action! Animals will be positively affected by your actions.

      Why should you advocate for animals?
      How do you get started?
      Which animals need help?
      Where and when should you advocate?

      The Advocate for Animals class will provide you with comprehensive, practical and relevant information pertaining to animal issues that will enthusiastically inspire you to get involved. You will learn about the myriad ways in which you can help via a multitude of diverse, local organizations, foundations, networks, agencies and facilities, each of which endeavors to protect and serve animals. You'll discover numerous volunteer & career opportunities that ideally match your skills and interests.

      No exams, no grades, no pressure! If you're already an informed and engaged volunteer or activist, please pass this along to someone who may not know what you already know!

      Paradise Valley College
      18401 N. 32nd Street
      Phoenix, AZ 85032
      602.787.6800