AZVegan Announcements and Updates- Please Cross-Post!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2009
      Hope everyone is having a happy and humane summer! Please see the latest updates below and we hope to see you at the upcoming events!

      Vegan Voices-
      Just a reminder that our monthly Vegan Voices meeting will be next Saturday, August 1st at 11:30am at Green Restaurant. Hope to can join us and please RSVP so we can save you a seat. More info at www.azvegan.com or email azvegan@... with any questions.

      Farm Sanctuary Fundraiser Party-October 9th- New event highlights!!
      October might seem far away, but preparations are already underway to make this year's Farm Sanctuary Fundraiser Party the most successful year yet! We have many exciting changes this year including...

      -New venue, Inside The Bungalow, offering a more intimate setting (and free parking!)

      -A delicious dinner catered by local favorite, Green Vegetarian Restaurant

      -Keynote speaker, Jasmin Singer, Farm Sanctuary National Advocacy Organizer. Jasmin oversees the Advocacy Campaign Team, making her the Farm Sanctuary point-person for national and international farm animal activism. In addition to leading monthly activist meetings, and regularly presenting at colleges, universities, and law schools, she has led workshops at conferences such as Taking Action for Animals, the Farm Sanctuary Hoe Down, the SUNY Social Justice Conference, and the Let Live NW Animal Rights Conference. Her workshops have been featured in such publications as The Village Voice and TimeOut New York. Publications include "Avoiding Activist Burnout" (VegNews, 2008) and "Coming Out for Animal Rights" (Satya, 2007). In 2009, Jasmin was named one of VegNews Magazine's 20 Activists to Keep Your Eye On.

      Registration for the Fundraiser Party is open! Tickets are $30.00 per person and admission is limited to the first 125 people to purchase tickets. Tickets purchased after October 2nd will be $40.00 per person. Register today and view event details at http://www.firstgiving.com/azfarmparty

      Silent Auction Items- We are currently looking for Silent Auction donations. Please reach out to local businesses, restaurants, salons/spas, veterinarian, groomer, friends/family, etc to request donations. The only requirement is that the donation is animal-friendly. Please email azvegan@... if you have donation items and we will email you the form and make pick-up arrangements.

      Farm Sanctuary Walk for Farm Animals- October 17th
      Register today for this year's Walk for Farm Animals! Event details are below and we expect to keep adding more info as we strive to make this year's event larger than last year!

      Saturday, October 17th
      Registration- 9am
      Walk Begins- 10am

      Margaret T. Hance Park- East Ramada
      67 West Culver Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004
      Central Avenue and Culver Street

      Register for the Walk today and begin collecting pledges. http://www.walkforfarmanimals.org/locations/phoenix.htm

      Thank you everyone for your compassion and commitment to helping animals.

      Please email us at azvegan@... with any questions. Thanks!