Animal Activists Handbook- Book Discussion This Week!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2009
      Message from Jeff Boghosian-

      Join us Tuesday in a discussion about a book every animal activist should read... with emphasis on why and how to hit the streets for animals!

      'The Animal Activist's Handbook' authored by Vegan Outreach's Matt Ball and PETA's Bruce Friedrich

      WHERE:
      Tempe Library
      3500 S. Rural Rd., Tempe, AZ 85282
      -- SW corner of Rural/Southern
      (Tempe Connections meeting room - back right side of library, next to Cafe)

      WHEN:
      Tuesday May 5, 2009, 7 pm - 8:30 pm
      All animal advocates welcome!
      Hosted by: Jeff Boghosian. Please RSVP directly to: jboghosian@.... Thank you!

      'The Animal Activist's Handbook
      Maximizing Our Positive Impact in Today's World'

      Book Description:
      "In this short book, Matt Ball and Bruce Friedrich write about what they've learned after years of animal advocacy. They build a ground-up case for reasoned, impassioned, and joyous activism that makes the most difference possible, and suggest a variety of ways to live a meaningful life through effective and efficient advocacy."

      I was able to buy the book online from Vegan Outreach and received it in about 2 days, and it's a very quick read. Please buy the book at its website: AnimalAdvocacyBook.com, or other national retailers.

      It's helpful, but not necessary to bring a copy of the book. Also, if you've not read it, but would like to attend and learn more about the book, by all means join us!

      Reviews:
      "The Animal Activist's Handbook punches way above its weight. Rarely have so few pages contained so much intelligence and good advice. Get it, read it, and act on it. Now."
      —Peter Singer, author of 'Animal Liberation'

      "This book is so much more than a "how-to" guide for activists. It is an inspirational and motivational opus from the two gentlest yet most effective giants in the movement. The Animal Activist's Handbook will elevate your activism and forever alter who you are and who you want to be."
      —Rory Freedman, #1 New York Times bestselling co-author of 'Skinny Bitch', with 2 million copies in print

      "The Animal Activist's Handbook offers invaluable suggestions for how to be as effective as possible in giving a voice to the voiceless. The plight of animals is so dire that we can't afford to engage in advocacy that isn't optimally useful in changing people attitudes about, and actions, toward them. I wish this book had been written when I first got involved in the animal protection movement--it would have made my early years as an animal advocate a lot more effective!"
      —Paul Shapiro, senior director of the Humane Society of the United States' factory farming campaign

      "Simple, effective activism techniques are explained in this concise book by two guys who know their stuff. Yes, it focuses on animal rights, but the tips provided can be applied to any social activism. If you've always wanted to get out there and speak up for animals, this book will give you the skills and encouragement to just do it."
      —D. Woodward, reader