World Week for Animals in Laboratories (WWAL) and Earth Day Events at Covance

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2009
      There are many WWAL and Earth Day events scheduled at Covance starting Sunday and continuing through the week. Please cross-post to help spread the word.

      Message from Citizens Against Covance-

      Seeking Beagles to participate in memory of those killed by Covance!

      World Week for Animals in Laboratories (WWAL) and Earth Day – April 19-25, 2009

      Concerned Citizens: We need your presence at these events. We will make it clear to Covance and the City of Chandler that opposition to this secretive, deceptive, federal law-violating company has not gone away!

      Anti-Covance signs will be supplied, but if you bring your own, please make sure they are Covance-specific messages rather than generic. We will have Covance flyers… please, no non-Covance literature or signs. [NOTE: Please no inappropriate signs or behavior – we reserve the right to remedy.]

      Sun. April 19 ~ Rally & March:

      BRING: Walking shoes, water, sun protection.

      LOCATION of action: East side of Gilbert Rd. south of Loop 202, north of Germann Rd.

      PARK: Anywhere in shopping centers; lots of parking available at vacant Mervyn store at SE corner of Gilbert and Germann.

      GATHER: Entrance of shopping center, traffic light at Red Lobster, 3845 S. Gilbert Rd. FREE anti-Covance t-shirts while supply lasts.

      11:00 am – RALLY: Display anti-Covance message to traffic till approx 12:30.

      12:30 – MARCH: We will space ourselves in orderly fashion, single file and show signs to traffic. Beagles to lead march south along Gilbert Rd. to Covance facility. We have maps defining PUBLIC PROPERTY. Approx 10 minute walk. Statements by speakers.

      1:30 (approx) – WRAP, disperse

      Wed. April 22 ~ Earth Day

      Need 2 people per shift for Covance table. Focus on Covance air, water, and drug-ridden carcass disposal issues. Materials supplied. VOLUNTEERS CALL: Betty (480) 899-1243

      Fri. April 24 ~ Candlelight Vigil for Animals Killed at Covance

      BRING: Walking shoes. Candle-lighting materials provided.

      PARK: Same as Sunday.

      6:00 pm – GATHER: Same as Sunday, traffic light at Red Lobster (3845 S Gilbert). Display anti-Covance message to traffic till approx 6:45.

      6:45 – PROCESSION: Beagles lead us, in orderly single file, south along Gilbert Rd. to designated spot across from Covance. Pause at Mervyn's parking lot for collection of signs, pick up candle-lighting materials.

      7:05 pm Sunset – CANDLE LIGHTING and multi-belief MEMORIAL program led by Donna Rae Yuritic, ordained Chaplain for Animals www.compassionforcreatures.com

      8:00 pm – WRAP, disperse

      Sat. April 25 ~ Rally & March:

      BRING: Walking shoes, water, sun protection.

      PARK: Same as Sunday.

      GATHER: Same as Sunday, traffic light at Red Lobster, 3845 S. Gilbert Rd.

      2:00 PM – RALLY: Display anti-Covance message to traffic till approx 3:15.

      3:15 – MARCH: Beagles lead us, in orderly single file, south along Gilbert Rd. to designated are across from Covance. Statements.

      4:00 – WRAP, disperse

      CITIZENS AGAINST COVANCE
      www.stopcovance.com

      CONTACTS: Betty Sharpe (480) 899-1243; Jan McClellan (480) 855-4603