Local Weekend Events!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2009
      There are several ways to get active for animals this weekend in the
      valley!! Please check out the upcoming events-

      From AZVegan-

      Have A Heart For Animals This Valentines Day-Join Vegan Voices at
      Green On Saturday, 2/7
      Please join us to write Letters to the Editors and encouraging others
      to take the pledge to help animals. Through a vegan/veg diet,
      refusing to buy products tested on animals, whatever it might be, come
      out and join us in encouraging others to help animals.

      The meeting will be at 11:30am and will be at Green Restaurant.

      AZVegan will provide background information and contact info on the
      issues. We will have a short discussion about the topic and then write
      letters on the issues. Handwritten letters have been said to carry
      more weight than emails or printed letters which can be mass produced.
      Handwritten letters show that an issue is important enough to you that
      you're willing to sit down and write a letter about it.

      Bring stamps and your favorite pen! We'll provide the stationary,
      dictionary, and the issues. Please email azvegan@... to RSVP
      for the event. We ask that you RSVP so we know how many materials to

      From AZ Animal Rights-

      KFC Demonstration This Weekend
      The first Saturday in February is almost upon us, and AZ Animal Rights
      and local activists are holding a peaceful demonstration to show KFC
      that abusing chickens doesn't fly. We hope you'll join them and
      encourage your community to boycott KFC, which supports cruel
      practices like breaking birds' wings and legs, cutting their throats
      while the animals are still conscious, and scalding them to death in
      defeathering tanks:

      What: Demonstration outside KFC
      Where: KFC, 1950 W. Baseline Rd., Mesa
      When: Saturday, February 7, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.

      If you have any questions or to RSVP for the demonstration, please
      visit http://www.meetup.com/azanimalrights .
      Visit www.KentuckyFriedCruelty.com for more information and to check
      out our undercover investigations of KFC supplier slaughterhouses.

      From Susan Mazey-

      Help Raise Puppy Mill Awareness At Pets Landing Store In Scottsdale
      On-going demonstrations in front of Pets Landing pet store in
      Scottsdale as a means to provide awareness to the public about puppy
      mills and to encourage shelter adoptions.

      Every Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 1pm.

      Pet's Landing Pet Shop
      7908 E. Chaparral #105
      Scottsdale, AZ 85250

      Signs and literature will be provided but feel free to bring your own
      if you wish. Please use generic puppy mill signs and do not use signs
      that mention the store by name.

      Please contact Susan Mazey at smazey@... or 480-345-9340 with any
      questions. For more info on puppy mills go to: www.stoppuppymills.org