Upcoming Valley Events!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008
      Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. Please check out the many
      upcoming events this week and weekend!

      1. Earthlings Screening-December 4th, 2008 from 7:00- 9:00 pm
      Join other activists for a powerful film screening of "Earthlings," a
      thought provoking undercover documentary narrated by Joaquin Phoenix.
      This film exposes humankind's unnecessary and cruel dependence on
      animals for food. Using hidden cameras and never before seen footage,
      Earthlings chronicles the day to day practices of some of the largest
      animal dependent industries in the world. This film contains some
      graphic footage of animal cruelty.

      When: December 4th, 2008 from 7:00- 9:00 pm
      Where: Cholla Public Library (meeting room upstairs)
      10050 Metro Parkway East, Phx 85051
      Metro Mall area, inner loop South of Peoria Ave and West of I 17 freeway

      Contact: jessica@... or 623 521 6505

      Even if you have seen this film, please come and bring a friend.

      2. Vegan Voices- Saturday, 12/6 11:30am
      AZVegan is hosting Vegan Voices meetings on the first Saturday of each
      month. The meetings will be held at 11:30am and are at Green
      Restaurant. http://www.greenvegetarian.com/location.htm Vegan Voices
      is an opportunity to write letters on local and national issues
      affecting animals.

      We held our first meeting last month and of the 3 people that were
      there, two of the letters were published! This is a great opportunity
      to reach out to many people across the valley about important animal
      issues.

      AZVegan will provide a topic, background information, contact info,
      and stationary on the issues. Just bring your stamps and favorite pen
      and we'll provide everything else.

      Please email azvegan@... to RSVP for th event so we know how
      many materials to bring.

      3. Veg Society Events this Weekend!
      Super-Special Veggie Lunch at the Ultra-Vegan-friendly Pizza
      Fusion in Mesa!
      Saturday, December 6, 12pm

      For a preview and a map of this location, please visit:
      http://www.vegguide.org/entry/7483

      Pizza Fusion
      5735 E McKellips Rd (east of Higley Rd)
      Mesa, AZ 85215
      480-832-5200

      For more info, or to RSVP, please visit:
      http://vegetarian.meetup.com/174/calendar/9224833/

      Fun and Fabulous Raw Vegan Potluck in central Phoenix!
      Sunday, December 7, 3pm (socializing); 4pm (dinner)

      To view photos of this venue, visit:
      http://vegetarian.meetup.com/174/photos/483594/

      Thy Healing House of Mind, Body, and Spirit
      767 E Moreland St (just south of I-10 and east of 7th St)
      Phoenix, AZ 85006
      828-552-1274 (Chad)

      For more info, or to RSVP, please visit:
      http://vegetarian.meetup.com/174/calendar/9260258/

      4. ADLA Quarterly Meeting- The Chimpanzee Dilemma-Sunday 12/7 4-6pm
      Join ADLA for an overview of current issues, policies and laws
      regarding chimpanzees in research laboratories. Their guest speaker,
      Dr. Lori Gruen has published, lectured and taught courses on animal
      ethics and animal minds at several universities and is working on a
      book exploring human relations to captive chimpanzees.

      Sunday December 7, 2008: 4-6pm
      Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law: Great Hall
      Arizona State University
      1102 S. McAllister Ave., Tempe, AZ

      Buffet Dinner after the presentation at Green Restaurant. $28.00 per
      person (includes Buffet Dinner, Drink (non-alcoholic) & dessert)
      Reservations and pre-purchased tickets required. To RSVP and get
      ticket information contact shernandez@... or 602.273.7842.

      Co Sponsors: ASU Student Animal Legal Defense Organization; New
      England Anti-Vivisection Society (NEAVS)