Historic Victory for Animals!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2008
      Great news on Prop 2 and Prop 105! Thank you to everyone who helped
      pass these historic victories!!

      Please visit www.hsus.org and www.farmsanctuary.org for more details.

      Californians Pass Prop 2
      Californians vote Yes on Prop 2California voters passed Proposition 2
      by a resounding margin (62% to 38% as of this time). As a result, 20
      million animals in California will soon be spared the worst abuses of
      factory farms. And I'm confident that we'll look back at today as a
      pivotal moment in how our nation treats animals who are raised for
      food. Please read my blog over the coming days for my take on Prop 2
      and what it means for animal protection.

      Arizonans Vote NO on Prop 105
      Vote No on Prop 105Voters soundly rejected Prop 105, the deceptively
      titled "Majority Rules" initiative. If passed, this undemocratic
      measure would have mandated that future ballot initiatives would need
      more than just a majority of votes cast, but a majority of all
      registered voters -- regardless of whether people show up to the polls
      or not. This is a great win for Arizona's voters and ensures that
      future efforts to pass reforms will be democratic and fair.