Act Today! Contact Governor Napolitano and ask her to veto S.B. 1373

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2008
      S.B. 1373 passed the House today. This bill authorizes the Department
      of Agriculture to establish conditions for poultry in the state,
      taking away the ability of cities, counties, and towns from enacting
      humane standards, restricting the democratic process at a local level.
      It is urgent that you act now to oppose this undemocratic legislation.

      TAKE ACTION
      Please make brief, polite phone calls to Governor Napolitano and ask
      her to VETO S.B. 1373.

      Telephone (602) 542-4331
      Toll Free 1-(800) 253-0883

      When you call, you will likely speak to a staff member who will pass
      your message along to Governor Napolitano. Remember to be polite and
      professional, and leave your name and address so it is clear that you
      are a constituent. You can say:

      "Hello, my name is [your name] and I'm calling from [your town].
      As a constituent, I strongly urge Governor Napolitano to VETO S.B.
      1373 which will greatly restrict any progress for humane treatment of
      farm animals."

      After making your calls, send a follow-up message to Governor
      Napolitano in opposition to this bill.

      http://www.governor.state.az.us/contact.asp

      Please cross-post to your mailing lists. The bill has been sent to
      Governor Napolitano for her signature, so please call ASAP!