45Circus Protest this Wed & Thurs

  • Kari Nienstedt
    May 7, 2006
      Local PETA activists are protesting the Carson & Barnes Circus in
      Gilbert next week. It would be great if you could make it out to
      help speak up for animals! They will have all the materials, so
      just bring yourself and anyone else you'd like to have attend.

      When: Wednesday, May 10, at 3:30 and 6:30 (protesters will be there
      before and after each show) and Thursday, May 11, at 6:30 only

      Where: Please meet at the entrance to the Gilbert Rodeo Grounds on
      public property.

      Please contact our local organizers, Anne (for Wednesday at 3:30
      only) at rootsandshoots@..., and Pam Jess (for all other times)
      at janimalm@... if you have further questions about this
      protest. And please cross-post this message, the Web site, and the
      video clip to others who may be interested in joining the fight
      against the Carson & Barnes Circus! For more information on this
      campaign, visit www.Circuses.com

      Please remember to dress appropriately for this event (for example,
      nice jeans or cords without holes). During these protests, we'd
      like to keep our message focused on the fact that animals need our
      help—not on our own personal wardrobe choices. It is important for
      circusgoers to take us seriously, so we have to try and appeal and
      relate to them as much as possible. Even if it means wearing
      something that you wouldn't normally wear, it's just for an hour,
      and you'll be doing it to help animals. Also, we never know when
      the media will show up!