115Urgent: Arizona's Farm Animals Need Your Help

    Apr 6, 2008
      Message from HSUS:

      Monday 4/7 will be the last vote on S.B. 1373, the poultry husbandry bill!

      Legislation has been introduced in the Arizona State Legislature that
      could have terrible consequences for animals. S.B. 1373 gives
      authority to the Department of Agriculture to establish conditions for
      poultry in the state, including humane standards. It also takes away
      the ability of cities, counties, and towns from enacting their own
      humane standards, thus restricting the democratic process at a local
      level. S.B. 1373 has passed the full Senate and House committee and
      will be considered on Monday by the full House. Act now to oppose
      this undemocratic legislation.

      Please make brief, polite phone calls to your state representatives to
      urge opposition to S.B. 1373. Click here to look up your state
      representatives and the phone numbers. (
      https://community.hsus.org/humane/leg-lookup/search.html )

      When you call, you will likely speak to a staff member who will pass
      your message along to your legislator. Remember to be polite and
      professional, and leave your name and address so it is clear that you
      are a constituent. You can say:

      "Hello, my name is [your name] and I'm calling from [your town].
      As a constituent, I strongly urge [representative's name] to vote NO
      on S.B. 1373, the poultry husbandry bill, which will greatly restrict
      any progress for humane treatment of farm animals."

      Please call now!! (You can leave a message if it is not during
      regular business hours.) The final vote for this bill is Monday 4/7
      in the afternoon! Also, please forward this email and ask friends and
      family to call their representatives now to fight this.

      Thank you for your efforts!