Just want to send you all the updated schedule information. Not much change. We removed Sunday's 3:30pm 'Old West reenactment' to allow folks to start getting their things put away and taken down a little earlier if need be. That was really the only change to the schedule.
We have been getting some additional information from the park people and want to pass that on as well.
1. They will have no firewood available there, so you'll want to pack some in if you plan to have a campfire.
2. The one food vendor that will be there will be offering a $5 breakfast for reenactors/participants 7-9am Sat & Sun before the event opens to the public. It will be a choice of breakfast burrito and a drink, or biscuits & Gravy and a drink. (If you or or you group is interested let me know how many as they are requesting a general idea of how many folks will be doing the breakfast so they can plan to have enough prepared. I told them I would ask)
3. The park will be charging every car that enters $2 for parking. The only deal they will give us is for those staying over for the weekend. We need to give them a count of how many vehicles and they will arrange to have a one time pay of $2 pass that they will give that works for the weekend, so you can come and go if you like. Even if you stay the weekend you will need this pass on the dash as they check. Wish we could have gotten then to give us a free pass for participants, but the city still wants a cut off the event. Please advise me of the number of expected vehicles for you, or you group that will be there more than one day so we can make sure to have a pass for you at the gate.
4. The large restroom facility on the grounds also has some showers that the park contact person said will be open during the event for campers. I tried to go by and check them out, but they are locked until our event. So, there will be a shower avail near the camp area should anyone want to take one, but I have no other details on them.
5. We have signed on "Capt. Tom Atkins" of the 8th Louisiana Infantry as the Saturday evening dance caller for the Arizona 4th Cav Regt. Band. He comes with plenty of good references and I know many of you know him, so I'm sure he will make the dance a great experience for every one. We are glad to have him for the position. Also, we will be providing some free finger type food, and beverage at the dance for attendees.
Thanks again for your interest and participation. I will continue to send any significant updates as they surface. Still shaping up to be quite an event!