Fredericksburg Event at Pioneer Village

  • Mark Bond
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
      Fellow Civil War Re-enactors:

      Here is an open invite to all CW re-enactors to participate in a
      January AZ event.

      "I have contacted Pioneer Village about holding a Civil War event
      there on January 12th and 13th with a school day on Friday the 11th.
      The event would be based on the Battle of Fredericksburg and would
      have elements of town and house to house fighting culminating in a
      battle simulating the charge on Marye's Heights - including the
      valorous actions of the Irish Brigade. Would also have some scripted
      events as well as various civil war personalities including Stonewall
      Jackson. Let me know if you or your unit are interested in attending-
      looking for representatives from each Arizona Civil War group to help
      plan and layout scenarios. Would be a good prelude to Picacho in
      March and everyone would be invited. Thanks

      Joe Spikes
      Lone Star Brigade - 1st Texas
      480-575-2729"

      Thanks,
      Mark Bond
      profbond@...
      1st Maryland Light Artillery, Battery A, U.S.
      www.usmdartillery.com

      "A battery of field artillery is worth a thousand muskets."
      General William Tecumseh Sherman
    • Jason Unwin
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2007
        May I share this information with some myspace groups?

        Jason Unwin

        Make Yahoo! your homepage.
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Mark Bond
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 26, 2007
          Jason,

          Hello!

          Yes, please do. This is an open invite to all CW reenactors to
          participate in the Fredericksburg event.

          Thank you.

          Mark B

          --- In AZReenacting@yahoogroups.com, Jason Unwin