Great idea!

  • travelingstace
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2005
      Hi all. Thanks for setting this up. I'm always looking for more places to cross-pollenate
      ideas and find stories. My fiancee is an editorial cartoonist who is on a similar list for
      editorial cartoonists and they have a lot of great discussions.

      BTW, this is "JaneAZ" from Arizona Congress Watch (www.azcongresswatch.com) and
      despite my profile, I am not male -- I changed my sex on Yahoo because I was sick of
      getting ads for weight loss and other things that prey on female insecurities...

      -Stace
    • mbryan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2005
        Hi Stace,

        Welcome to AZBlogNet. Seemed like an idea that had been overlooked.
        Lots of linking and reading and commenting going on, but there didn't
        seem to be a place to be bloggers, not polemecists. Of course, I want
        to keep it friendly to bloggers of all political persuasions, so I'm
        thinking that we should try to establish a 'culture' of tolerance and
        openness and discourage holding forth about things which would drive
        away bloggers from either end of the spectrum, and strongly condemn
        flaming people for their beliefs.

        The first thing is to get a wide acceptance of the idea of an open
        'greenroom' backstage where bloggers can talk about blogging. It would
        help if each new member blogged about the group briefly, encouraging
        others to join, and link the group permanently from their blogs.
        Building a tolerant 'culture' these days is a bit harder. That's best
        done by standing for things that all bloggers tend to have a self
        interest in, and keeping discussion and debate centered there, I think.
        Once there is more of us, we can cautiously begin to address public
        officials on those blog-centric topics to educate them about our views.
        That will likely become easier over time as more and more politicians
        BECOME bloggers themselves. I would also hope to eventually have the
        group become known as a good way to quickly contact many bloggers in AZ
        with under-reported and neglected stories, and whistleblowing that the
        traditional media won't touch.

        I would like to other's ideas about these initial issues.

        Michael D. Bryan, Esq.
        MBryan@...