new member

  • aewillis@virtual1.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2000
      Hello everyone! I am going through the certification process. I
      hope that I can do this and remain sane! I have seen a couple of
      people's entries and I must confess, I am not used to knowing this
      much information about all of my students. I get the basic
      information about test scores and how many times a student has
      repeated a grade but that is about it. Do your districts give such
      detailed information about each of your students? Right now I have
      125 students on my team. Alice
    • Hugh Martin
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2000
        The info I found useful was not contained in a cumulative folder, but was
        gathered as I taught the students. I focused on what the students'
        strengths/weaknesses were in processing historical understandings along with
        the students' personality traits that impacted their classroom
        performance/behavior.
        Hugh

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • lupohuvie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2000
          Alice-
          You can find a lot of information about your students if you look through thier permanent files; where I am they are kept in the guidance office. These files are not confidential, so access to them should be easy. I also spoke with guidance councelors to get additional background. Good luck.
          Lorraine
        • Geneva D. Ross
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2000
            aewillis@... wrote:

            > Hello everyone! I am going through the certification process. I
            > hope that I can do this and remain sane! I have seen a couple of
            > people's entries and I must confess, I am not used to knowing this
            > much information about all of my students. I get the basic
            > information about test scores and how many times a student has
            > repeated a grade but that is about it. Do your districts give such
            > detailed information about each of your students? Right now I have
            > 125 students on my team. Alice
            You only have to collect the information on the classes you feature.
            Yes you can do it but I'm not sure about the sanity. I did certify but
            I may have also become certifiable. Just kidding. Relax and enjoy the
            journey into National Boards.

            Geneva