Re: [AYA-SSH] just getting started

  • lupohuvie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2000
      HI-
      I completed my box last April and took my assessments in June; I am waiting on my results . . . I am a bit crazed right now- I am teaching a new AP World History course, but as soon as things settle down I would love to help you out -- if you don't mind that I may have failed! oops, we don't use that word, I might not have certified. If I recall the first entry it was reasoning through writing. The best advice I received, in the beginning, was to read and re-read the instructions the standards and the rubrics. When I finished with an entry, I would photocopy the rubric and outline the main points from the standards and pass them along to any colleagues willing to offer a critique. This really helped me because it forced me to keep checking the standards. Good luck. Keep in touch.

      Lorraine Lupinskie
      Long Island, NY