Re: [AYA-SSH] Difficulty

  • Carolyn Hunter
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2000
      Hi Judy,
      I started a EA-SS/History but didn't get a reply. So I just use this one.
      I received help from our state regional center where people of all areas met
      once a month. We also had a teacher academy (state and grant supported center
      for one week) for the NBPTS candidates. There were mentors who were certified
      last year in our particular area. That helped alot. We also received help
      from certified people in the educators association in our state. North
      Carolina pays the $2000 if we pass and teach here two years. We also get a
      healthy pay raise. Not bad! I wonder why everyone isn't doing it.
      It's great to hear from a fellow candidate who is waiting on pins and
      needles until November.
      Good Luck!!

      Carolyn