Re: [AYA-SSH] Digest Number 33

  • H Martin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2000
      It is intimidating to have to cover so many areas on the assessment center
      tests. But, the breadth of knowledge assessment exercise is only ONE OF THE
      FOUR taken at the AC. The student materials response question at the AC
      could also cover other
      areas of SSH.
      The breadth of knowledge question was somewhat like trivial pursuit. The
      questions required much knowledge in US History, Political Science,
      Economics, Geography and World History. I prepared by reading and taking
      notes from survey level texts from each area.
      Breadth of knowledge is important, but I do not believe it is a significant
      enough portion of the overall assessment to intimidate a possible candidate.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2000
        Lou-
        The depth of knowledge they test you on can be stressful when you know only one or two areas well- I look at it two ways- one, I can bank and take those parts again (and study, despite the fact that most will say you CAN"T really study for the AC); two, there are ten parts of the whole process and hopefully if you can excel at some and do well in others, than one or two parts shouldn't matter too much. Overall, I would do it all agian; it's worth it.
        Lorraine