Re(2): [AYA-SSH] Hello!!!!

  • Judy_Flassing@mac.pattonville.k12.mo.us
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2000
      Hi Gabby and all,
      It is certainly nice to see some action on the social studies board.
      Altho I am an EA-SS/H candidate, my portfolio directions were the same as
      AYA so I can understand what you are going through. I used 3 writing
      samples from the unit I do on pre-history for portfolio entry one. One
      sample related to a novel, one to the discovery of the Iceman of the Alps
      and one (cause/effect paragraph) to show how the Stone Age came to an
      end. I was trying to make all the connections to everything the portfolio
      directions asked for. It was very challenging and I guess I'll find out
      in November if I got it right!

      First day of school for me. Anyone else started yet?

      By the way, in addition to teaching 3 sections of social studies, I am
      also teaching a section of English this year. I'm a little panicked. I'm
      having the kids do a persuasive paper on the election. If anyone knows of
      good web sites that present material about the issues Bush and Gore will
      be discussing, please send the addresses. I'm working with 7th graders.

      Good Luck Gabby!
      Judy
    • lupohuvie@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29, 2000
        I just read your message- I used imperialism to tie them all together - writing an op-ed on Gandhi; a poem on Africa; a DBQ on imperialism. Good luck, Lorraine Lupinskie