Introducing the Congressional Timeline 1.0

  • Cindy Koeppel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2010
      Introducing the Congressional Timeline 1.0 --
      http://www.congressionaltimeline.org/ -- from The Dirksen Congressional Center

      Now at your fingertips . . .

      * Major laws -- more than 200 examples -- passed by Congress from 1933 to the
      present

      * The partisan composition of each Congress, along with the presidential
      administration and the congressional leaders

      * The session dates of each Congress

      * Measures of legislative productivity, such as the number of bills introduced
      and passed

      * Information about women and African-Americans serving in Congress

      * Examples of documents and audiovisual materials related to legislation

      * The ability to add information to the timeline by using the "wiki" feature

      Here’s how it works.

      * Go to the CTL index page at http://www.congressionaltimeline.org/

      * Select the 88th Congress from the drop-down menu on the right.

      * Click the "expand" button under 1963 to see general information about the
      88th.

      * To experience the multimedia potential for the site, click the "collapse"
      button for 1963 and the "expand" button for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 at
      July 2, 1964.

      * Check out the rotating cube! You will see additional content -- documents,
      photos, even a video of the presidential signing ceremony.

      * If you would like to contribute to the timeline, use the wiki component --
      just click on "wiki" on the rotating cube.

      We know this first version of the Congressional Timeline will have some bugs to
      work out. If you have suggestions, please contact me at
      fmackaman@.... We’ll do our best to respond and improve the
      timeline.

      Come back often. We will add information to the timeline continuously. Look for
      updates by becoming a Facebook fan or subscribing to our e-newsletter,
      Communicator. For Facebook, go to
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dirksen-Congressional-Center/144144304380 and
      click the LIKE button. For Communicator, go to
      http://www.webcommunicator.org/index.htm, enter your email address in the text
      field below "Subscribe to the Communicator!" and click SEND.

      Frank Mackaman, The Dirksen Congressional Center

      fmackaman@...