Re: [AYA-SSH] Hello!!!!

  • sandy thompson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2000
      Sorry I didn't get a message to you earlier. I'm waiting to here my scores
      in November, but I used the coming of the Civil War as the event to tie # 1
      together. It worked well, or so I hope.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 21, 2000
        Hi Gabby and all,
        It is certainly nice to see some action on the social studies board.
        Altho I am an EA-SS/H candidate, my portfolio directions were the same as
        AYA so I can understand what you are going through. I used 3 writing
        samples from the unit I do on pre-history for portfolio entry one. One
        sample related to a novel, one to the discovery of the Iceman of the Alps
        and one (cause/effect paragraph) to show how the Stone Age came to an
        end. I was trying to make all the connections to everything the portfolio
        directions asked for. It was very challenging and I guess I'll find out
        in November if I got it right!

        First day of school for me. Anyone else started yet?

        By the way, in addition to teaching 3 sections of social studies, I am
        also teaching a section of English this year. I'm a little panicked. I'm
        having the kids do a persuasive paper on the election. If anyone knows of
        good web sites that present material about the issues Bush and Gore will
        be discussing, please send the addresses. I'm working with 7th graders.

        Good Luck Gabby!
        Judy
      • lupohuvie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29, 2000
          I just read your message- I used imperialism to tie them all together - writing an op-ed on Gandhi; a poem on Africa; a DBQ on imperialism. Good luck, Lorraine Lupinskie