assessment center

  • m_hugh@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2000
      Anyone have suggestions on preparing for the assessemnt center? I've
      been reading World History material for the past week. It has been
      many years since I read this. Hugh.
    • Jo Ann Sherbine
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2000
        --- In AYA-SSH@egroups.com, lupohuvie@a... wrote:
        > HI-
        > I had off this week, so I gave my brain a rest. I need to
        concentrate on American History; even though it was my major, I have
        never taught it, so . . .

        > Have you looked at the assessment simulation -- I briefly glanced
        at
        it before my vacation; it looks like it could be both helpful and
        stressful.

        > Keep in touch. When is your test? Mine is July 13th.
        >
        > Lorraine

        Hi -
        I've been off-line for two months, moving (twice), then looking for
        this new address. I was glad to see someone else scheduled for late
        (I'm taking AC July 12). Has anyone else been frustrated with
        quality
        of writing in the articles? A couple of sentences in the first one
        are unintelligible ... missing words, incomplete thoughts, etc. I've
        taught US, Econ, and Geography, but remember virtually nothing about
        world history. I have a high school text book to review; I've
        started
        to bone up on government, also with a textbook, noting areas of my
        own
        weakness that I know need review. Any other ideas for succeeding in
        this? How much time are you devoting to the practice stuff
        (cartoons,
        graphs, etc.)? Will ours be the same, or not? How do we take
        notes/What kinds of notes do we take? I've about had it with
        relaxing
        my brain; it's time to panic! Thanks for any insights.
        Jo Ann
      • -
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
          Is anyone preparing for the Assessment center yet? If so, how?
        • wildcatcoach2000
          Message 4 of 4 , May 23, 2010
            --- In AYA-SSH@yahoogroups.com, "-" <cgouzd1@...> wrote:

            > Is anyone preparing for the Assessment center yet? If so, how?

            I've got AP books to study in all the areas. I haven't seen or heard anything anywhere on studying for the assessment center, unlike elementary teachers that really have a network of chats and study groups. If anyone finds anything please let me know.