Re: [[AYA-SSH] Entry 4, and Entry 2]

  • lupohuvie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21, 2000
      Hi all, I am on the verge of freaking out- I have only a limited number of subjects that I can play with if I want to get my tapes done in time. Presently, I ma studying the Aztecs- I planned on doing a lesson in which we study their daily lives in order to better understand them as a society. I was thinking of having them begin by answering a question like, "What do you need to know in order to better understand a group of people"? Based on what they come up with I will give them specific readings on the Aztecs- can I make a connection to modern day society and ask them what an outsider would need in order to better understand us? Maybe have them create a Venn comparing Aztecs and us?

      This is NOTHING like the great apartheid lesson which really seems to lend itself to this idea of civic competece- from the AMericas I go on to teach ancient African kingdoms and then the Mongols (it's a crazy curriculum)- I see few chances to really emphasize civic competence in what I have to cover- can I get away with my Aztec idea? am I a desperate fool?

      Lorraine