Re: [AYA-SSH] Re: help

  • Caron Giffi
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2007
      Hi June--

      This is actually the section that I redid last year.  In the video, you want to show students actively engaged in a lesson in which you are the primary focus.  You could certainly do this with 'how a bill becomes a law'.  It is definitely considered 'history'.  Keep in mind that the point of this video and entry is to show you in action with your students.  You calling on them or involving them, but directed by you.

      A lesson where the students are writing bills and working together would be great for the other video portfolio section where you need to show students working in groups.  Problem solving lessons are great for that section.

      I recommend taking a look at the questions you will have to answer in the portfolio section and read everything before you film and decide on a final lesson.

      Caron

      june_bergeron <june_bergeron@...> wrote:
      Thanks for the response.

      I am a new candidate, actually in EA (early adolescense), but I tryed
      the AYA because the entries seem similar and there is nothing in EA.
      I had a question about Entry 2, the whole class video on "Civic
      Competence". It says we should use a "history concept, topic", etc.
      and relate it to current real world events. I did my constitution
      lesson with "how a bill becomes a law" and was going to do my entry
      on the lesson where students research problems and write a bill to
      solve the problem. We discuss and vote on each bill. I wanted another
      opinion on whether this would be considered "history", I am beginning
      to doubt myself. Any ideas?

      I think there is a way to start a private group that cuts down on the
      spam, I've heard of one from a friend who is taking the ELA boards. I
      can look into that if you are interested.
      June in LA

      --- In AYA-SSH@yahoogroups.com, Caron Giffi wrote:

      > I just earned my national cert in aya-ssh. I would love to help,
      but I couldn't find a group either when I was working on my cert.

      > Wish there was a way to get rid of all of the spam on this list
      serve.

      > Please let me know if I can help.
      >
      > Caron in NY
      >
      > Christine Berry wrote:
      > Me too. What are you looking for help in? I am retaking
      AYA-SSH. I will be redoing Entry 3 Promoting Social Understanding.
      Have you received any other replies? Maybe we can start a new group.

      > Christine
      >
      > june_bergeron wrote: If anyone has a real
      AYA-SSH group please invite me. I am looking for a
      > current group.
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your
      homepage.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional