Re: [AYA-SSH] help

  • Caron Giffi
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 24, 2007
      I just earned my national cert in aya-ssh.  I would love to help, but I couldn't find a group either when I was working on my cert.

      Wish there was a way to get rid of all of the spam on this list serve.

      Please let me know if I can help.

      Caron in NY

      Christine Berry <christineberrynola@...> wrote:
      Me too. What are you looking for help in? I am retaking AYA-SSH. I will be redoing Entry 3 Promoting Social Understanding. Have you received any other replies? Maybe we can start a new group.

      Christine

      june_bergeron <june_bergeron@...> wrote:
      If anyone has a real AYA-SSH group please invite me. I am looking for a
      current group.

    • june_bergeron
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 24, 2007
        Thanks for the response.

        I am a new candidate, actually in EA (early adolescense), but I tryed
        the AYA because the entries seem similar and there is nothing in EA.
        I had a question about Entry 2, the whole class video on "Civic
        Competence". It says we should use a "history concept, topic", etc.
        and relate it to current real world events. I did my constitution
        lesson with "how a bill becomes a law" and was going to do my entry
        on the lesson where students research problems and write a bill to
        solve the problem. We discuss and vote on each bill. I wanted another
        opinion on whether this would be considered "history", I am beginning
        to doubt myself. Any ideas?

        I think there is a way to start a private group that cuts down on the
        spam, I've heard of one from a friend who is taking the ELA boards. I
        can look into that if you are interested.
        June in LA

        --- In AYA-SSH@yahoogroups.com, Caron Giffi <cgiffi@...> wrote:

        > I just earned my national cert in aya-ssh. I would love to help,
        but I couldn't find a group either when I was working on my cert.

        > Wish there was a way to get rid of all of the spam on this list
        serve.

        > Please let me know if I can help.
        >
        > Caron in NY
        >
        > Christine Berry <christineberrynola@...> wrote:
        > Me too. What are you looking for help in? I am retaking
        AYA-SSH. I will be redoing Entry 3 Promoting Social Understanding.
        Have you received any other replies? Maybe we can start a new group.

        > Christine
        >
        > june_bergeron <june_bergeron@...> wrote: If anyone has a real
        AYA-SSH group please invite me. I am looking for a
        > current group.
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your
        homepage.

      • Caron Giffi
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 25, 2007
          Hi June--

          This is actually the section that I redid last year.  In the video, you want to show students actively engaged in a lesson in which you are the primary focus.  You could certainly do this with 'how a bill becomes a law'.  It is definitely considered 'history'.  Keep in mind that the point of this video and entry is to show you in action with your students.  You calling on them or involving them, but directed by you.

          A lesson where the students are writing bills and working together would be great for the other video portfolio section where you need to show students working in groups.  Problem solving lessons are great for that section.

          I recommend taking a look at the questions you will have to answer in the portfolio section and read everything before you film and decide on a final lesson.

          Caron

          --- In AYA-SSH@yahoogroups.com, Caron Giffi wrote:

          > I just earned my national cert in aya-ssh. I would love to help,
          but I couldn't find a group either when I was working on my cert.

          > Wish there was a way to get rid of all of the spam on this list
          serve.

          > Please let me know if I can help.
          >
          > Caron in NY
          >
          > Christine Berry wrote:
          > Me too. What are you looking for help in? I am retaking
          AYA-SSH. I will be redoing Entry 3 Promoting Social Understanding.
          Have you received any other replies? Maybe we can start a new group.

          > Christine
          >
          > june_bergeron wrote: If anyone has a real
          AYA-SSH group please invite me. I am looking for a
          > current group.
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your
          homepage.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional