Re: [AYA-SSH] Re: AYA-SSH

  • Hugh Martin
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2000
      My students analyzed a set of propaganda images from WWII. They had guiding
      questions to assist them with the analysis. The camera person(a student I
      drafted) spent about 4-7 minutes at each group. In the 20 min. section I
      selected, I was in the tape about 1/3 of the time. The video captured
      student to student interaction and teacher to student interaction.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2000
        Hugh,
        Thanks for getting back to me. Again, I have a few more questions-
        1. When did you start taping? After you have given instructions?
        2. How many groups did you work with?
        3. How did you explain what you were doing when you were out of the picture?
        4. How/ when did you end your video?

        Thanks again, Lorraine
      • Hugh Martin
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10, 2000
          I taped for 45 minutes and then selected the a 20 minute segment.

          I started taping after my instructions and after the students started to
          work in the group.

          I explained that I was monitoring the groups and responding to their
          questions.

          I taped the whole lesson and then copied the 20 minute segment. You need to
          video longer than 20 so you can get the best segment.

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12, 2000
            Lorraine,
            Yes. Divide your entries as explained in the directions. You need to
            respond to the specific questions for each entry including evidence of
            meeting the specific standards for the entry. April 15th is just a month
            away. You need to get your rough drafts done so that you have time for
            re-writes.
            Leslie
          • Hugh Martin
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 12, 2000
              I tried to answer each question. Even if it was repetitious. Create the
              section headings according to the instructions. I've read entries by some
              English candidates and they used sub headings within the main headings of
              each section.