Entry #3- Promoting Social Understanding

  • wrpage77
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hello ~

      I am looking for suggestions on Entry #3. I video taped before winter
      break a lesson on political cartoons. Students were in groups with
      different roles (reporter, recorder, reader and director). They each
      had duties and were looking on a lap top at cartoons. We looked first
      at symbols and then the author message.We also discussed the
      stereotypes in cartoons. I am worried this shows excellent civic
      competence, but is not hitting the social understanding.

      Anyone have suggestions?

      Thanks
    • Amy
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2007
        Wouldn't social understanding emerge from the topics of the cartoons
        themselves? What time era did the toons come from? If they are recent,
        then you are definately showing social understranding of current
        events in the social world.

        I am stuck on entry one.
        Any advice?
        Its scary me to death and I am not sure why,