Re: [Re: Just wanted to introduce myself]

  • lupohuvie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
      Leslie, I just read your suggestion to Andy regarding the rubrics. Have I already asked you this question- How did you document feedback?

      I am giving the first prompt for entry two tomorrow. In the instructions, I included a checklist of ideas they should include. When I collect their papers, should I write my comments directly on them? What about grades? Am I submitting originals?

      Sorry, I'm stressing out . . . feel free to lose my email address if I am stressing you out, too.

      Thanks again, Lorraine
    • LRCC18@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
        I did a little of everything. I commented on the student work and used
        rubrics, commenting on those too. This is one form of documentation for feed
        back. You can also submit journal entries documenting student-teacher
        conferences.
        Leslie Coleman, NBCT
      • Geneva D. Ross
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
          ANDY LOGAN wrote:

          > From: ANDY LOGAN <muscleheadlogan@...>
          >
          > Is it a good idea to turn in rubrics with student grades on them?
          > Some have said they are only turning in a blank copy of the rubric but
          > not how
          > the student featured in the entry was actually graded.
          > I wrote on the student rubrics. That way they received a copy of the rubric and my response to the student
          > http://webmail.netscape.com
        • Geneva D. Ross
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
            ANDY LOGAN wrote:

            > From: ANDY LOGAN <muscleheadlogan@...>
            >
            > How many different accomplishments are some us describing in 5 & 6?
            > I have 4 for 5 and 5 for six but I have still maxed out the page
            > limit.
            > Andy Logan
            >
            > Lorraine,
            > I just returned from a workshop just for National Board candidates
            > and
            > it was wanderful. I may have an e-mail friend who can share about a
            > high
            > school class, mine is 7th grade, middle school.
            > Patelidas@...
            >
            > Good luck,
            > Carolyn
            >
            > lorraine Lupinskie wrote:
            >
            > > From: "lorraine Lupinskie" <lupohuvie@...>
            > >
            > > Hi- I just recently joined the group and wanted to take a moment to
            > > say hello. I know how carzy all your lives must be, I noticed that
            > > there are not too many messages. If anyone has a chance, I'd just
            > > like to get a feel for how far along you are. I am shocked to see,
            > > according to the NB site that some NB candidates have packed their
            > > boxes. If this is you, I congratulate you, but please do NOT respond
            > > asking how I think I can possible get my protfolio done when I have
            > > not a single entry completed!! For all those still working good
            > luck
            > > and keep in touch.
            > >
            > > I do have one question- what do you think about using a psychology
            > > elective for entry two?

            > > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as 0.0%
            > > Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
            > > no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
            > > you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
            > > http://click.egroups.com/1/914/5/_/_/_/951256329/

            > http://webmail.netscape.com

            I sent 9 for 5 and 9 for 6. I only used one page for discription and
            one or two pages for documentation. I also used many verfication
            letters but if I had it to do again, I would have included more
            discription on the letters and asked the people to do more than sign
            them
            Geneva
          • Carolyn Hunter
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
              If this helps to state your case, do it. Does it help to validate what your trying to prove?
              Carolyn