Re: [Re: Just wanted to introduce myself]

  • LRCC18@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28 12:38 PM
      Last year, I included the student grading on their rubrics so the assessor
      could see how they were graded, my comments, etc.
      Leslie Coleman, NBCT
    • lupohuvie@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28 1:23 PM
        Leslie, I just read your suggestion to Andy regarding the rubrics. Have I already asked you this question- How did you document feedback?

        I am giving the first prompt for entry two tomorrow. In the instructions, I included a checklist of ideas they should include. When I collect their papers, should I write my comments directly on them? What about grades? Am I submitting originals?

        Sorry, I'm stressing out . . . feel free to lose my email address if I am stressing you out, too.

        Thanks again, Lorraine
      • LRCC18@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28 1:28 PM
          I did a little of everything. I commented on the student work and used
          rubrics, commenting on those too. This is one form of documentation for feed
          back. You can also submit journal entries documenting student-teacher
          conferences.
          Leslie Coleman, NBCT
        • Geneva D. Ross
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 28 4:50 PM
            ANDY LOGAN wrote:

            > From: ANDY LOGAN <muscleheadlogan@...>
            >
            > Is it a good idea to turn in rubrics with student grades on them?
            > Some have said they are only turning in a blank copy of the rubric but
            > not how
            > the student featured in the entry was actually graded.
            > I wrote on the student rubrics. That way they received a copy of the rubric and my response to the student
            > http://webmail.netscape.com
          • Geneva D. Ross
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 28 4:52 PM
              ANDY LOGAN wrote:

              > From: ANDY LOGAN <muscleheadlogan@...>
              >
              > How many different accomplishments are some us describing in 5 & 6?
              > I have 4 for 5 and 5 for six but I have still maxed out the page
              > limit.
              > Andy Logan
              >
              > Lorraine,
              > I just returned from a workshop just for National Board candidates
              > and
              > it was wanderful. I may have an e-mail friend who can share about a
              > high
              > school class, mine is 7th grade, middle school.
              > Patelidas@...
              >
              > Good luck,
              > Carolyn
              >
              > lorraine Lupinskie wrote:
              >
              > > From: "lorraine Lupinskie" <lupohuvie@...>
              > >
              > > Hi- I just recently joined the group and wanted to take a moment to
              > > say hello. I know how carzy all your lives must be, I noticed that
              > > there are not too many messages. If anyone has a chance, I'd just
              > > like to get a feel for how far along you are. I am shocked to see,
              > > according to the NB site that some NB candidates have packed their
              > > boxes. If this is you, I congratulate you, but please do NOT respond
              > > asking how I think I can possible get my protfolio done when I have
              > > not a single entry completed!! For all those still working good
              > luck
              > > and keep in touch.
              > >
              > > I do have one question- what do you think about using a psychology
              > > elective for entry two?

              > > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as 0.0%
              > > Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
              > > no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
              > > you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
              > > http://click.egroups.com/1/914/5/_/_/_/951256329/

              > http://webmail.netscape.com

              I sent 9 for 5 and 9 for 6. I only used one page for discription and
              one or two pages for documentation. I also used many verfication
              letters but if I had it to do again, I would have included more
              discription on the letters and asked the people to do more than sign
              them
              Geneva
            • Carolyn Hunter
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 28 5:26 PM
                If this helps to state your case, do it. Does it help to validate what your trying to prove?
                Carolyn