Re: [Re: Just wanted to introduce myself]

  • ANDY LOGAN
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
      How many different accomplishments are some us describing in 5 & 6?
      I have 4 for 5 and 5 for six but I have still maxed out the page limit.
      Andy Logan

      Lorraine,
      I just returned from a workshop just for National Board candidates and
      it was wanderful. I may have an e-mail friend who can share about a high
      school class, mine is 7th grade, middle school.
      Patelidas@...

      Good luck,
      Carolyn

      Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com
    • LRCC18@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
        Last year, I included the student grading on their rubrics so the assessor
        could see how they were graded, my comments, etc.
        Leslie Coleman, NBCT
      • lupohuvie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
          Leslie, I just read your suggestion to Andy regarding the rubrics. Have I already asked you this question- How did you document feedback?

          I am giving the first prompt for entry two tomorrow. In the instructions, I included a checklist of ideas they should include. When I collect their papers, should I write my comments directly on them? What about grades? Am I submitting originals?

          Sorry, I'm stressing out . . . feel free to lose my email address if I am stressing you out, too.

          Thanks again, Lorraine
        • LRCC18@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
            I did a little of everything. I commented on the student work and used
            rubrics, commenting on those too. This is one form of documentation for feed
            back. You can also submit journal entries documenting student-teacher
            conferences.
            Leslie Coleman, NBCT
          • Geneva D. Ross
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
              ANDY LOGAN wrote:

              > From: ANDY LOGAN <muscleheadlogan@...>
              >
              > Is it a good idea to turn in rubrics with student grades on them?
              > Some have said they are only turning in a blank copy of the rubric but
              > not how
              > the student featured in the entry was actually graded.
              > I wrote on the student rubrics. That way they received a copy of the rubric and my response to the student
              > http://webmail.netscape.com
            • Geneva D. Ross
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
                ANDY LOGAN wrote:

                > From: ANDY LOGAN <muscleheadlogan@...>
                >
                > How many different accomplishments are some us describing in 5 & 6?
                > I have 4 for 5 and 5 for six but I have still maxed out the page
                > limit.
                > Andy Logan
                >
                > Lorraine,
                > I just returned from a workshop just for National Board candidates
                > and
                > it was wanderful. I may have an e-mail friend who can share about a
                > high
                > school class, mine is 7th grade, middle school.
                > Patelidas@...
                >
                > Good luck,
                > Carolyn
                >
                > lorraine Lupinskie wrote:
                >
                > > From: "lorraine Lupinskie" <lupohuvie@...>
                > >
                > > Hi- I just recently joined the group and wanted to take a moment to
                > > say hello. I know how carzy all your lives must be, I noticed that
                > > there are not too many messages. If anyone has a chance, I'd just
                > > like to get a feel for how far along you are. I am shocked to see,
                > > according to the NB site that some NB candidates have packed their
                > > boxes. If this is you, I congratulate you, but please do NOT respond
                > > asking how I think I can possible get my protfolio done when I have
                > > not a single entry completed!! For all those still working good
                > luck
                > > and keep in touch.
                > >
                > > I do have one question- what do you think about using a psychology
                > > elective for entry two?

                > > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as 0.0%
                > > Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
                > > no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
                > > you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
                > > http://click.egroups.com/1/914/5/_/_/_/951256329/

                > http://webmail.netscape.com

                I sent 9 for 5 and 9 for 6. I only used one page for discription and
                one or two pages for documentation. I also used many verfication
                letters but if I had it to do again, I would have included more
                discription on the letters and asked the people to do more than sign
                them
                Geneva
              • Carolyn Hunter
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
                  If this helps to state your case, do it. Does it help to validate what your trying to prove?
                  Carolyn