Re: upcoming tests

  • Caron Giffi
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 20, 2006
      What did you do to study for the tests that you were successful on?
      Which did you find easier? Harder?

      --- In AYA-SSH@yahoogroups.com, tammy lambert <tplambert@...> wrote:

      > I am taking two the next weekend. I am just reading everything I
      can on the internet-there is so much material and I did not do well
      on three of the test so I am taking two over. I hated this
      part!!!!! It is so hard and broad

      > Caron Giffi <cgiffi@...> wrote: Hello All--
      >
      > I have scheduled the 6 tests that we have to take for May 13th.
      What
      > are people doing to study? Have you found any useful web sites?

      Service.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 20, 2006
        Hello.
        I passed my boards two years ago.
        In preparing for the tests, I borrowed several history, econ, govt, and social studies books from grades 6 on through high school.  And I read, read, and read some more.  I jotted down notes, made sample time lines, and tried to hit each of the strands while reading.

        I did use the internet for some of the areas, but I don't know of any sites off the top of my head.

        Try to...
        Relax when you are taking your test.
        and...
        Give yourself a minute to gather your ideas before you start typing.
        Good luck...you've come this far, you can do it.
      • tammy lambert
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 21, 2006
          5 of the tests I took had nothing to do with what I teach-7th grade geography so I did not do well on the history parts because I have not had history since college.  I did well on the economics because I do so much economics in my classroom and winged my way through 3 others-I really don't know how. This time I am taking two and I am just digging through the net to find info on the subjects.  I tried the history book route but there are so many books and so much info I found it overwhelming.  I did get the history for dummies book and read it. wish me luck!!!

          Caron Giffi <cgiffi@...> wrote:
          What did you do to study for the tests that you were successful on?
          Which did you find easier?  Harder?

          --- In AYA-SSH@yahoogroups.com, tammy lambert <tplambert@...> wrote:

          > I am taking two the next weekend.  I am just reading everything I
          can on the internet-there is so much material and I did not do well
          on three of the test so I am taking two over.  I hated this
          part!!!!! It is so hard and broad

          > Caron Giffi <cgiffi@...> wrote:  Hello All--
          >
          > I have scheduled the 6 tests that we have to take for May 13th.
          What
          > are people doing to study?  Have you found any useful web sites?

          Service.

        • Vernon Tenney
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 21, 2006
            I took them in November. They were ok. I read over a US History and World History text. I have taught everything under the sun so I was ok - knock on wood. A good overview place to brush up on your US and World could be regentsprep.org.

            It is a good website for NY social studies courses - it should help you refresh.

            Good luck

            >>> tplambert@... >>>