Re: [AYA-SSH] upcoming tests

  • tammy lambert
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 20 7:43 AM
      I am taking two the next weekend.  I am just reading everything I can on the internet-there is so much material and I did not do well on three of the test so I am taking two over.  I hated this part!!!!! It is so hard and broad

      Caron Giffi <cgiffi@...> wrote:
      Hello All--

      I have scheduled the 6 tests that we have to take for May 13th.  What
      are people doing to study?  Have you found any useful web sites?

    • Caron Giffi
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 20 1:05 PM
        What did you do to study for the tests that you were successful on?
        Which did you find easier? Harder?

        --- In AYA-SSH@yahoogroups.com, tammy lambert <tplambert@...> wrote:

        > I am taking two the next weekend. I am just reading everything I
        can on the internet-there is so much material and I did not do well
        on three of the test so I am taking two over. I hated this
        part!!!!! It is so hard and broad

        > Caron Giffi <cgiffi@...> wrote: Hello All--
        >
        > I have scheduled the 6 tests that we have to take for May 13th.
        What
        > are people doing to study? Have you found any useful web sites?

        Service.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 20 3:29 PM
          Hello.
          I passed my boards two years ago.
          In preparing for the tests, I borrowed several history, econ, govt, and social studies books from grades 6 on through high school.  And I read, read, and read some more.  I jotted down notes, made sample time lines, and tried to hit each of the strands while reading.

          I did use the internet for some of the areas, but I don't know of any sites off the top of my head.

          Try to...
          Relax when you are taking your test.
          and...
          Give yourself a minute to gather your ideas before you start typing.
          Good luck...you've come this far, you can do it.
        • tammy lambert
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 21 6:32 AM
            5 of the tests I took had nothing to do with what I teach-7th grade geography so I did not do well on the history parts because I have not had history since college.  I did well on the economics because I do so much economics in my classroom and winged my way through 3 others-I really don't know how. This time I am taking two and I am just digging through the net to find info on the subjects.  I tried the history book route but there are so many books and so much info I found it overwhelming.  I did get the history for dummies book and read it. wish me luck!!!

            Caron Giffi <cgiffi@...> wrote:
            What did you do to study for the tests that you were successful on?
            Which did you find easier?  Harder?

            --- In AYA-SSH@yahoogroups.com, tammy lambert <tplambert@...> wrote:

            > I am taking two the next weekend.  I am just reading everything I
            can on the internet-there is so much material and I did not do well
            on three of the test so I am taking two over.  I hated this
            part!!!!! It is so hard and broad

            > Caron Giffi <cgiffi@...> wrote:  Hello All--
            >
            > I have scheduled the 6 tests that we have to take for May 13th.
            What
            > are people doing to study?  Have you found any useful web sites?

            Service.

          • Vernon Tenney
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 21 12:54 PM
              I took them in November. They were ok. I read over a US History and World History text. I have taught everything under the sun so I was ok - knock on wood. A good overview place to brush up on your US and World could be regentsprep.org.

              It is a good website for NY social studies courses - it should help you refresh.

              Good luck

              >>> tplambert@... >>>