upcoming tests

  • Caron Giffi
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 20, 2006
      Hello All--

      I have scheduled the 6 tests that we have to take for May 13th. What
      are people doing to study? Have you found any useful web sites?
    • tammy lambert

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 20, 2006
          What did you do to study for the tests that you were successful on?
          Which did you find easier? Harder?

          --- In AYA-SSH@yahoogroups.com, tammy lambert <tplambert@...> wrote:

          > I am taking two the next weekend. I am just reading everything I
          can on the internet-there is so much material and I did not do well
          on three of the test so I am taking two over. I hated this
          part!!!!! It is so hard and broad

          > Caron Giffi <cgiffi@...> wrote: Hello All--
          >
          > I have scheduled the 6 tests that we have to take for May 13th.
          What
          > are people doing to study? Have you found any useful web sites?

          Service.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 20, 2006
            Hello.
            I passed my boards two years ago.
            In preparing for the tests, I borrowed several history, econ, govt, and social studies books from grades 6 on through high school.  And I read, read, and read some more.  I jotted down notes, made sample time lines, and tried to hit each of the strands while reading.

            I did use the internet for some of the areas, but I don't know of any sites off the top of my head.

            Try to...
            Relax when you are taking your test.
            and...
            Give yourself a minute to gather your ideas before you start typing.
            Good luck...you've come this far, you can do it.
          • tammy lambert
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 21, 2006
              5 of the tests I took had nothing to do with what I teach-7th grade geography so I did not do well on the history parts because I have not had history since college.  I did well on the economics because I do so much economics in my classroom and winged my way through 3 others-I really don't know how. This time I am taking two and I am just digging through the net to find info on the subjects.  I tried the history book route but there are so many books and so much info I found it overwhelming.  I did get the history for dummies book and read it. wish me luck!!!

              Caron Giffi <cgiffi@...> wrote:
              What did you do to study for the tests that you were successful on?
              Which did you find easier?  Harder?

              --- In AYA-SSH@yahoogroups.com, tammy lambert <tplambert@...> wrote:

              > I am taking two the next weekend.  I am just reading everything I
              can on the internet-there is so much material and I did not do well
              on three of the test so I am taking two over.  I hated this
              part!!!!! It is so hard and broad

              > Caron Giffi <cgiffi@...> wrote:  Hello All--
              >
              > I have scheduled the 6 tests that we have to take for May 13th.
              What
              > are people doing to study?  Have you found any useful web sites?

              Service.

            • Vernon Tenney
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 21, 2006
                I took them in November. They were ok. I read over a US History and World History text. I have taught everything under the sun so I was ok - knock on wood. A good overview place to brush up on your US and World could be regentsprep.org.

                It is a good website for NY social studies courses - it should help you refresh.

                Good luck

                >>> tplambert@... >>>