Re: [Re: Just wanted to introduce myself]

  • ANDY LOGAN
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
      Is it a good idea to turn in rubrics with student grades on them?
      Some have said they are only turning in a blank copy of the rubric but not how
      the student featured in the entry was actually graded.

      Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com
    • ANDY LOGAN
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
        How many different accomplishments are some us describing in 5 & 6?
        I have 4 for 5 and 5 for six but I have still maxed out the page limit.
        Andy Logan

        Lorraine,
        I just returned from a workshop just for National Board candidates and
        it was wanderful. I may have an e-mail friend who can share about a high
        school class, mine is 7th grade, middle school.
        Patelidas@...

        Good luck,
        Carolyn

      • LRCC18@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
          Last year, I included the student grading on their rubrics so the assessor
          could see how they were graded, my comments, etc.
          Leslie Coleman, NBCT
        • lupohuvie@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
            Leslie, I just read your suggestion to Andy regarding the rubrics. Have I already asked you this question- How did you document feedback?

            I am giving the first prompt for entry two tomorrow. In the instructions, I included a checklist of ideas they should include. When I collect their papers, should I write my comments directly on them? What about grades? Am I submitting originals?

            Sorry, I'm stressing out . . . feel free to lose my email address if I am stressing you out, too.

            Thanks again, Lorraine
          • LRCC18@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
              I did a little of everything. I commented on the student work and used
              rubrics, commenting on those too. This is one form of documentation for feed
              back. You can also submit journal entries documenting student-teacher
              conferences.
              Leslie Coleman, NBCT
            • Geneva D. Ross
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
                ANDY LOGAN wrote:

                > From: ANDY LOGAN <muscleheadlogan@...>
                >
                > Is it a good idea to turn in rubrics with student grades on them?
                > Some have said they are only turning in a blank copy of the rubric but
                > not how
                > the student featured in the entry was actually graded.
                > I wrote on the student rubrics. That way they received a copy of the rubric and my response to the student
                > http://webmail.netscape.com
              • Geneva D. Ross
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
                  ANDY LOGAN wrote:

                  > From: ANDY LOGAN <muscleheadlogan@...>
                  >
                  > How many different accomplishments are some us describing in 5 & 6?
                  > I have 4 for 5 and 5 for six but I have still maxed out the page
                  > limit.
                  > Andy Logan
                  >
                  > Lorraine,
                  > I just returned from a workshop just for National Board candidates
                  > and
                  > it was wanderful. I may have an e-mail friend who can share about a
                  > high
                  > school class, mine is 7th grade, middle school.
                  > Patelidas@...
                  >
                  > Good luck,
                  > Carolyn
                  >
                  > lorraine Lupinskie wrote:
                  >
                  > > From: "lorraine Lupinskie" <lupohuvie@...>
                  > >
                  > > Hi- I just recently joined the group and wanted to take a moment to
                  > > say hello. I know how carzy all your lives must be, I noticed that
                  > > there are not too many messages. If anyone has a chance, I'd just
                  > > like to get a feel for how far along you are. I am shocked to see,
                  > > according to the NB site that some NB candidates have packed their
                  > > boxes. If this is you, I congratulate you, but please do NOT respond
                  > > asking how I think I can possible get my protfolio done when I have
                  > > not a single entry completed!! For all those still working good
                  > luck
                  > > and keep in touch.
                  > >
                  > > I do have one question- what do you think about using a psychology
                  > > elective for entry two?

                  > > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as 0.0%
                  > > Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
                  > > no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
                  > > you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
                  > > http://click.egroups.com/1/914/5/_/_/_/951256329/

                  > http://webmail.netscape.com

                  I sent 9 for 5 and 9 for 6. I only used one page for discription and
                  one or two pages for documentation. I also used many verfication
                  letters but if I had it to do again, I would have included more
                  discription on the letters and asked the people to do more than sign
                  them
                  Geneva
                • Carolyn Hunter
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 28, 2000
                    If this helps to state your case, do it. Does it help to validate what your trying to prove?
                    Carolyn