Re: ideas for entry 2 whole class

  • lynch_rolonkm
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2005
      Leah,

      Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know there is help out
      there. Hope your weekend has been a great one. Thanks once again.

      Katina

      -- In AYA-SSH@yahoogroups.com, Leah LaCrosse <leahlacrosse@y...>
      wrote:
      > My whole class lesson was taped with one of my higher end
      classes. I used this class because they were the easiest motivated,
      they worked well in class (no discipline problems), and it was an
      afternoon class (I had taught the lesson a couple times before
      taping). So, while this didn't make this the world's best
      lesson...I felt comfortable, confident, and really familiar with my
      lesson goals.

      > I used a mix of technology with a SMART board, maps, and charts
      for regional comparisons in Africa. My goals were to introduce
      regions in Africa with statistical comparisons of literacy rate,
      GDP, resources, landform maps, and more. Students made a lot of
      comparisons and connections between the regions.

      > I also encourage students to get involved with participation
      points. I have a chart with the student's names. Each time a
      student asks a question, answers a question, reads, or interacts in
      class, I give them a check mark. They see at the end of the week
      how involved they were in the lessons. They also monitor themselves
      periodically. This helps them see how their involvement helps them
      to learn. It also helps when videotaping a whole class lesson...you
      see a variety of kids participating!