Re: [AYA-SSH] Re: ideas for small group

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2005
      Katina,
      What a great plan!  I think incorporating talking sticks into the lesson shows creativity and content connections.  I also think that group discussions are most productive when the students have had some contact with the topic.  They have background to pull from.  Your culminating activity with comparison in picture form also sounds really good.  You are accomodating a variety of learning styles throughout the lesson, and you are finishing with another learning style.  Great!  I would suggest having a rubric to guide them in their final product.  That will ensure content goals are accomplished.
      I think the lesson sounds great.
      Leah