ideas for entry 2 whole class

  • lynch_rolonkm
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2005
      This was my weakest enry in the portfolio. I used my Native American
      History students but in looking back over it I think I should have
      used my US History. Maybe my analysis of the video was not up to
      par. Several things I affected that emtry.

      Any general ideas? Please.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2005
        My whole class lesson was taped with one of my higher end classes.  I used this class because they were the easiest motivated, they worked well in class (no discipline problems), and it was an afternoon class (I had taught the lesson a couple times before taping).  So, while this didn't make this the world's best lesson...I felt comfortable, confident, and really familiar with my lesson goals.

        I used a mix of technology with a SMART board, maps, and charts for regional comparisons in Africa.  My goals were to introduce regions in Africa with statistical comparisons of literacy rate, GDP, resources, landform maps, and more.  Students made a lot of comparisons and connections between the regions.

        I also encourage students to get involved with participation points.  I have a chart with the student's names.  Each time a student asks a question, answers a question, reads, or interacts in class, I give them a check mark.  They see at the end of the week how involved they were in the lessons.  They also monitor themselves periodically.  This helps them see how their involvement helps them to learn.  It also helps when videotaping a whole class lesson...you see a variety of kids participating!

        I hope this helps a little.  Good luck.  Have a great day.

      • lynch_rolonkm
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2005
          Leah,

          Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know there is help out
          there. Hope your weekend has been a great one. Thanks once again.

          Katina

          -- In AYA-SSH@yahoogroups.com, Leah LaCrosse <leahlacrosse@y...>