Re: [AYA-SSH] Overall questions...hopefully someone can answer them!

  • Laura M. Huffman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2003
      I live in North Carolina, and we were told that the passing rate for the
      state in social studies was 47%. Don't know if that helps!

      Laura Huffman

      leahlacrosse wrote:

      > I am trying for certification Early Adolescence Young Adult Social
      > Studies-History (ages 11-15). I'm not sure about this list serve
      > being the right one for me, but maybe some questions will cross
      > over. I don't know.
      >
      > Question 1- Passage rate for certification. Does anyone know the
      > stats on that or how to find them? My friend who is going for Spec.
      > Ed. certification knew hers from a list serv. I was just wondering.
      >
      > Question 2- Video taping-I've heard that it is good to video tape a
      > lot...multiple lessons, multiple times and choose from there. Then,
      > I heard to video tape just a couple to narrow it down. Any ideas?
      >
      > Question 3- When studying for the content part of the test, how is
      > everyone going about that? Are you just brushing up in a few areas,
      > doing more in-depth? I'm getting a little overwhelmed with that
      > part, and I'm wondering if I'm overdoing it.
      >
      > Question4- I noticed Erin mentioned that she had a lot of
      > parts...but nothing really completed. I feel the same...is that how
      > this will be? I feel like every part of my portfolio is a work in
      > progress...is that ok? I am trying to pace myself. But I think
      > that I'm going to get slammed in the last month with things that I
      > could have accomplished sooner.
      >
      > So, after that short novel...any comments, advice would be great.
      > Have a nice day!
      >
      > Leah LaCrosse

    • leahlacrosse
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2003
        Thank you, Laura!
        That does help. 47% is better than what my friend is looking at.
        Her certification passing rate is under 20%. Although, 47% won't
        help me sleep at night to much better. :)

        Leah
      • Leigh Martin
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2003
          Leah,
          I worked the same way - I had pieces of entries all going at once. That is
          my teaching/ learning style, I guess. You will feel good though, when you
          do finish an entry. Try to start doing that in Jan/Feb. You can always
          revisit later, and you probably will. BUt you never know what circustances
          lie ahead, and those video entries do seem to take a lot of time.
          Leigh Martin
          Benjamin Russell High School
          Alexander City, AL
          lmartin@...