Re: [AYA-SSH] beginning process

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2003
      Not yet.  Any ideas where to get one?
      L. LaCrosse

    • Laura M. Huffman
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 29, 2003
        I asked around at my school and got the portfolio of someone who did
        their Boards in Secondary English. While its not exactly the same, it
        is helpful to look at things we need to do in common (like documented
        accomplishments). I also have his scoring guide so I can see on what
        elements he did well and which he did not, to get a greater idea of what
        they're looking for. He also advised me to insure my portfolio for
        $2300 when I mail it, so I'll be able to reimburse my state the money
        they shelled out should it get lost in the mail. That seemed like a
        good idea to me; thought I'd pass it on.

        Laura Huffman

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2003
          Thanks Laura,
          Good advice!
          I think I'll try to snag a portfolio from someone just to get an idea of what goes into it.
          Leah LaCrosse