Re: [AYA-SSH] beginning process

  • Renae Evans
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2003
      Has anyone seen a sample Social Studies portfolio?

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 29, 2003
        Not yet.  Any ideas where to get one?
        L. LaCrosse

      • Laura M. Huffman
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 29, 2003
          I asked around at my school and got the portfolio of someone who did
          their Boards in Secondary English. While its not exactly the same, it
          is helpful to look at things we need to do in common (like documented
          accomplishments). I also have his scoring guide so I can see on what
          elements he did well and which he did not, to get a greater idea of what
          they're looking for. He also advised me to insure my portfolio for
          $2300 when I mail it, so I'll be able to reimburse my state the money
          they shelled out should it get lost in the mail. That seemed like a
          good idea to me; thought I'd pass it on.

          Laura Huffman

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2003
            Thanks Laura,
            Good advice!
            I think I'll try to snag a portfolio from someone just to get an idea of what goes into it.
            Leah LaCrosse