NBCT

  • miamiujj <jordan_j@hccanet.org>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2003
      Greetings!
      The following just goes to show you that there is life and fun after
      the year of diligent work:
      I've already received e-mails asking me about the WCPO Bachelorette
      contest where I discussed National Board Certification and our
      practice of teaching during the interview. I decided it would be more
      efficient to share the how and why with everyone at once rather than
      answering the same questions.
      How: A couple of my students wanted to nomminate me for the dating
      TV show "Shipmates." I said, "No, that's not my style." They asked
      me if I would do a contest on www.wcpo.com. I said possibly if they
      focus on history class. Before I knew it, I was reading an e-mail
      from Andrea Canning of WCPO that said my students nominated me
      because "she is special to us and we want someone special for her."
      Why: The students wer sincere about what they wrote and excited by
      the prospect of being interviewed on TV. Andrea explained to me that
      they needed a teacher and I thought that if it could help show the
      positive side of our profession and our students then I should do
      it. There is no prize for winning this polling... they don't even
      promise a date! ; )
      Following is the link to the site to vote for the only teacher in the
      contest, Jane Jordan:
      http://www.wcpo.com/specials/2003/valentines/stories/bachelorette_poll
      .html
      You can also vote via phone at 513-852-4017

      Thank you and best wishes on your National Board Certification
      endeavors!