Press Release: Ray LaHood Joins Dirksen Center as Senior Advisor

  • Cindy Koeppel
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2013

      The Dirksen Congressional Center

      Press Release                    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      Contact

      Frank H. Mackaman

      The Dirksen Congressional Center

      2815 Broadway

      Pekin IL  61554

      309.3247.7113

      fmackaman@...

      Ray LaHood Joins Dirksen Center as Senior Advisor

      The Dirksen Congressional Center is pleased to announce that Ray LaHood, former member of Congress and recently retired as Secretary of Transportation in President Obama’s Cabinet, has joined The Center as Senior Advisor.

      “I’m a big fan of The Center,” LaHood said. “The work they do with teachers all over the country is impressive. I began my career as a teacher in Pekin, so I’ve watched The Center grow and prosper over the years.”

      “We are honored to welcome Ray LaHood as a Senior Advisor to The Center,” said Drew Leman, President of The Center’s Board of Directors. “His service to the country continues the exemplary tradition of Everett Dirksen and Bob Michel, his predecessors in the U.S. House of Representatives.”

      According to staff member Frank Mackaman, LaHood’s association with The Center goes back decades to his days as chief of staff to Michel. He and his wife, Kathy, endowed the Ray and Kathy LaHood Scholarships for the Study of American Government through The Center in 2005. LaHood donated his congressional papers to The Center in 2008.

      LaHood joins Robert H. Michel as current Senior Advisors. Others who have served in that role include the late Senator Paul Simon and former Senator Howard H. Baker, Jr.

      The Dirksen Congressional Center is a private, non-profit, non-partisan research and educational organization located in Pekin, IL. Its mission is to help people better understand the U.S. Congress, its people, its processes, and the public policies it produces.

      END    END    END