27th grade, early adolescent Social Studies-History

  • hunter@wnclink.com
    Sep 8, 1999
      I'm working to improve a few units on culture using the N. C.
      Standard of Study. I saw an interesting idea at a conference
      about this subject. The class would start the unit by asking
      questions to their family members, especially the elders, to
      get any idea of how their cultures have changed since they were
      the age of my 7th graders. The kids love this. From here we
      will talk about the elements of culture; language, religion,
      clothes, foods, and etc. This can be used to discuss cultural
      differences in groups of people in Africa and Asia.

      Have you used this idea?

      Carolyn319
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic