178Re: [AYA-SSH] Re: Anyone out there?

  • Lauri Elam
    Dec 16, 2003
      Good Morning,
      I have read your questions about how much a candidate should videotape. In
      my experience, tape, tape, tape... It gets the teacher more comfortable with
      the process and the students get adjusted also. I suggest you tape even if
      you do not think you would ever submit that lesson.

      I also had lots going on at once. I kept separate notebooks and files on
      each entry. That saved me some organization time.

      As far as the assessment center, I suggest that you put that on the bottom of
      the list right now. I found that the videos were the hardest. I had trouble
      hearing my kids, getting a good camera person, etc.

      Also, keep reading the standards and write notes as you go. Hope this helps,
      Lauri NBCT '02