102Re: [AYA-SSH] entry 3

  • Lauri Elam
    Dec 8, 2000
      Dear Leigh:
      Great minds think alike. I too am writing up the large group discussion
      that occurred after the presidential election. What worries me about mine
      is that we discuss a number of topics. I'm focusing my write up as a
      discussion of the "democratic process." To answer your question, I think NB
      wants student voices to dominate the lesson. Learning from each other is a
      great way to gain new information. It sounds like that's what happened in
      your class.

      Do you want to get together over the holidays and review each other's
      tapes? One day I feel confident about mine, and the next I feel like I need
      to start over. Have a good weekend. Lauri

      lmartin@... wrote:

      > I am working on my large and small group videos. I have a tape I
      > like for entry3, (large group), but I hardly appear in it! My voice
      > can be heard, but mostly it's the kids you hear. They are discussing
      > the snafu in the 2000 presidential election, and have lots of
      > opinions and ideas. They don't complete an organizer or anything;
      > it's just talk- lots of it, with me refereeing. They really have
      > some good ideas and strong opinions, though. We did a lot of work
      > with this topic before the tape. How does it sound to any of you?
      >
      > Leigh in Alabama

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic