PMP Exam Sample Question

  • Muhammad Aleem Habib
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 7 4:40 AM
      Q: Mr Aleem has attended the AUC workshop on PMP exam prep held in Avari Towers. During the workshop he studied PMBOK and then after he read Rita. In the last two weeks before exam he attempted a lot of sample questions & mock tests, including PM FastTrack and PMStudy exam questions. He appeared in the exam on 7th March 2013. After spending the full four hours he passed the exam with 2Ps (Planning & Monitoring) & 3MPs (Init, Exec & Closing). He already praised Almighty Allah for his kind help. What should be the NEXT thing he has to do after that?

      A.    Update his CV and Status on LinkedIn and Facebook.
      B.      Do the cost benefit analysis of getting PMP certification.
      C.     Send an email on the group praising Mr. AUC and the class participants for their invaluable guidance and support.
      D.    Put a “Chader” on Rita Marhooma Mazzar (if any) for writing such a wonderful book.
    • Arsalan Siddiqui
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 7 4:58 AM
        D seems most appropriate :)
        Congrats on passing your exam !!

        Quoting Muhammad Aleem Habib <aleem_habib@...>:

        > Q: Mr Aleem has attended the AUC workshop on PMP exam prep
        > held in Avari Towers. During the workshop he studied PMBOK and then after he
        > read Rita. In the last two weeks before exam he attempted a lot of sample
        > questions & mock tests, including PM FastTrack and PMStudy exam questions. He
        > appeared in the exam on 7th March 2013. After spending the full four
        > hours he passed the exam with 2Ps (Planning & Monitoring) & 3MPs (Init,
        > Exec & Closing). He already praised Almighty Allah for his kind help. What
        > should be the NEXT thing he has to do after that?
        >
        > A.    Update his CV and Status on LinkedIn and
        > Facebook.
        > B.      Do the
        > cost benefit analysis of getting PMP certification.
        > C.     Send an email on the group praising Mr. AUC and
        > the class participants for their invaluable guidance and support.
        > D.    Put a “Chader” on Rita Marhooma Mazzar (if any)
        > for writing such a wonderful book.
      • Abubakar Munawar
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 7 5:03 AM
          Answer = "D" because "D" for "Congratulation"

          Abubakar Munawar - CBAP, CM

          Email : abubakar.munawar@...
          BLOG : abubakarmunawar.blogspot.com
          Training Group : groups.yahoo.com/group/AM-BusinessTrainings/
          Mobile :
          (KSA) 00966 534 16 15 10
                           (PAK) 0092 333 3176812

          On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Muhammad Aleem Habib <aleem_habib@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Asad Ullah Chaudhry
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 7 5:05 AM

            Dear Aleem

            Congrats on Passing your PMP Exam.

            I would say you should start writing PMP Questions, for last 5 months I am unable to finish, due to busy schedule.

            Thanks

            Regards,

            Asad Ullah Chaudhry | CEO

            email_signature

            P: +92 21 34390826 | C: +92 300 2144514

            www.auctechnologies.com

            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 7 8:48 AM

              I passed the exam today (I already send an email in a different genre earlier today on the group). As I have learned a lot from the experience sharing of others on this group so I feel its time to return the favour.

              It took me complete four hours. Actually I completed the exam 5 minutes earlier but I had 4 questions for review (although I already answered them but not sure so marked for review). But reviewing question in last 5 or 10 minutes is useless. You are exhausted and can’t objectively think at that time. So I suggest keep answering question all the way. Do mark difficult one but don’t left them un-answered, at least mark some guessed one.

              During the Exam tutorial of 15 minutes (that is in the start) I used 11 minutes to transfer all formulas and the Process group and knowledge area mapping (Page 43 PMBOK) from my memory to the scratch paper. Believe me its really hard to recall formulas at that moment when you have a question in front of you. Remaining 4 minutes of tutorial are good enough to know how to use the mouse and calculator J

              Most of the questions clearly have two wrong choices. So you can easily eliminate two and decide between the rests of two.  Someone posted the Istakhara Dua on this group that actually means asking the right choice between two, I used it. But the order is, first elimination method and then evaluate the remaining two and then Dua. (literally)
              There are three or four questions in which I don’t know the right answer but I knew three of the given choices are not related to that question, so I bet on the remaining one. So elimination method is a must.

              There are lots of questions related to formulas. Most of them are related to Earned value. Mostly CPI, SPI, EAC, BAC, TCPI calculation and their interpretation. 1 or 2 questions on fixed Price incentive fee calculation. No NPV or EMV questions though. Baring 1 question most of the formula questions are easy (like, find the given parameters PV, EV or BAC given in question and put it into the formula and there you go!). 4 or 5 questions relate to EAC and ETC, so must know all the formulas of EAC (forecasting).

              4 or 5 questions on critical path and network diagram. Baring one that I didn’t figure out even spending 5/6 minutes on it (as I had a good SPI at that time J) rest o f the questions are like draw the diagram and calculate path and you will get the answer.

              2/3 questions on Economic Price adjustment contract, and tricky ones. Few questions on cost reimbursable contracts also but easy.

              Although I didn’t memorized all the ITTOs but almost memorized some specific processes that I got from some PMP exam tip site (I forgot the site). They are really helpful and I attempted a lot of questions directly or indirectly related to ITTOs of those processes. They are:
              1. Verify Scope
              2.  Control Scope
              3.      Perform Quality Assurance
              4.      Perform Quality Control
              5.      Develop Project Charter
              6.      Plan, Conduct and Administer Procurement
              7.      Report performance and Distribute Information
              8.      Acquire, manage and Develop team
              9.      Close Procurement
              10.  Define Scope and Create WBS

              They are all over the exam and also related to Risk planning processes (Qualitative and Quantitative analysis and risk response). I found Rita Process chart very useful, its impossible to memorize it but do give it a good look. It will help you to get at least 9/10 questions right.

              There are very few lengthy questions (hardly 7 or 6). Most of them are two or three liners. Good number of one liners also and mostly they are the easiest. For length questions I used the trick that I first look at the last two lines of the question to figure out what they are really asking and then skim through the choices. Baring two question this trick worked for me. Before reading the whole question I knew what they are upto and then I read the big question completely. Well it’s my way not a best practice!

              Preparation Sources:
              I used PMBOK and Rita. I feel Rita is good enough for exam prep (definitely after thoroughly reading PMBOK). This book is my all in one source of exam prep. In term of sample test, I attempted all the questions on PM FastTrack and PMStudy Free 200 Questions online exam. FastTrack is more difficult then actual exam but it make you prepare well. PMStudy is more close to real exam in terms of length and complexity of questions.

              So that’s all from my side, I hope this will help.

              Take Care and Best Wishes

              Aleem Habib
            • ATA_UR -RAHMAN
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 7 9:45 PM
                Congratulations. Add Option E.... All of them. :D. Good Luck.

                Atta-Ur-Rahman
                P Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 7 11:36 PM
                  Obviously "D"
                  CONGRATULATION ALEEM HABIB

                  Sent from my iPhone

[...]

                • Kashful Huda

                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 9 2:57 AM
                      Thanks everyone for your compliments.

                      Thanks Asad and it would be an absolute pleasure for me if I can be of any help to you. Although that humorous sort of question was just an spontaneous thing, but if you really feel I can provide any sort of assistance. than let me know how may I contribute.

                      Now about the the correct answer of the sample question is: Choice C.

                      Explanation:
                      "B" cant be the right choice because it should have been done before starting the prep for PMP (although I didn't :). "D" is incorrect because in Rita's culture "Chader" and "Mazzar" is irrelevant and one should take culture in consideration. Choice A can be done afterwords. Choice C is the most correct answer because it is already done when you were reading that email ;)

                      Regards
                      Aleem Habib

                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 9 12:01 PM
                          A -

                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 9 9:55 PM
                            Mubrook, congratulations

                            Zia ul Qamar
                            Riyadh - KSA

                            > Q: Mr Aleem has attended the AUC workshop on PMP exam prep
                            > held in Avari Towers. During the workshop he studied PMBOK and then after he
                            > read Rita. In the last two weeks before exam he attempted a lot of sample
                            > questions & mock tests, including PM FastTrack and PMStudy exam questions. He
                            > appeared in the exam on 7th March 2013. After spending the full four
                            > hours he passed the exam with 2Ps (Planning & Monitoring) & 3MPs (Init,
                            > Exec & Closing). He already praised Almighty Allah for his kind help. What
                            > should be the NEXT thing he has to do after that?
                            >
                            > A.    Update his CV and Status on LinkedIn and
                            > Facebook.
                            > B.      Do the
                            > cost benefit analysis of getting PMP certification.
                            > C.     Send an email on the group praising Mr. AUC and
                            > the class participants for their invaluable guidance and support.
                            > D.    Put a “Chader” on Rita Marhooma Mazzar (if any)
                            > for writing such a wonderful book.

                          • Muhammad Habibullah
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 10 9:50 AM
                              CONGRATS Mr. Aleem!
                              Regards,
                              Muhammad Habibullah (PMP)

                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 10 9:51 AM
                                Dear Aleem,

                                Congratulation, please share that istikhara dua again here...

                                Regards,
                                Zeeshan

                                Message 15 of 19 , Mar 19 6:44 AM
                                  Salam,

                                  How ru Kashif bhai, hows every thing going on.

                                  Regards,
                                  Sheraz Khan