RE: [AT_Sprint] Re: Whither KD1JV?

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 31, 2012
      The only thing that would have made that journal any better, would have been, one of the "S"s traded in for a radio...
      and a short desertation of success during the AT Sprint. Other than that,.. (just kidding) .
      It is a very interesting read. Thank you Steve, I really enjoy the read.

      --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

      To: AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com
      From: pgerhardt@...
      Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:36:00 +0000
      Subject: [AT_Sprint] Re: Whither KD1JV?

      Steve really enjoyed your trail journal! Have a good hike on the Long Trail.

      BTW I enjoyed using the ATS-4 on the Flight of the Bumblebees last weekend from Lovettsville VA.

      --- In AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Weber" <steve.kd1jv@...> wrote:

      > > Anyone hear of the whereabouts of KD1JV?
      > >
      > I am alive and well, thank you. My trip ended a little earlier than expected
      > and I've been home for a couple of weeks. You can read about my adventure
      > and view some photos at
      > http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=13144
      >
      > I'm not ready to go back to work yet, so will be heading over to Vermont to
      > start hiking the Long Trail in a few days. See ya in September.
      >
      > Steve KD1JV

    • Hank Greeb
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 11, 2012
        What happened to Steven Weber, KD1JV.  Last message in my inbox is November 3.  Did he go on another hike along some trail?   I was/am quite interested in his latest 160/80 metre Direct Conversion rig.

        72/73 de n8xx Hg
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 11, 2012
          I'm working hard to try and make that a reality. Some times things don't go quite as quickly or as smoothly as first expected or inital signs indicated.

          KD1JV

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 11, 2012
            Thanks, Steve:

            Best laid plans of mice and men - even genius fellers like you, sometimes run into "bumps in the road."  GL in your endeavors.  A bunch of us wait with baited breath!

            I hope I'm quick enough to get one of your 50 or so projected 160/80 meter kits.  Sometimes I get called away from home for a day or two, and can miss out if you have a quick sell out.

            One question, if you have time - will the Direct conversion rig run @ 9 volts?  I LOVE the ability to run with 9 volts on my AT-Sprint.  Runs nice and cool.

            72/73 de n8xx Hg.