ATS-4B programming port

  • jr1kda_ag6gt
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2012
      Hello All,

      Now I am making ATS-4B.
      There are seven programming ports on board, but no connector is included the kit package.
      I am wondering to put the additional connector on board.
      Do I need the programming ports connector?
      Also my PC has printer port.

      Best Regards,
      Sho/JR1KDA/AG6GT
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
        You do not need to put a connector in the programming port. If there is ever
        a need to use the port to update the firmware, SIP header pins can be
        inserted and make contact by friction, so they can be removed once the
        programming is done.

        Steve KD1JV

        > Now I am making ATS-4B.
        > There are seven programming ports on board, but no connector is included
        > the kit package.
        > I am wondering to put the additional connector on board.
        > Do I need the programming ports connector?
        > Also my PC has printer port.
      • Shoji Iwasaki
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
          Thanks for the comments, Steven.